Monday, August 12, 2013

After much soul searching...

After much soul searching and some failed attempts, I have committed to adopt a little girl in Eastern Europe (I am not allowed, by her country's rules, to say which country).  I feel very badly that my other attempts failed, and will keep these children in my prayers forever...but I do feel as though "Violet" was meant to be mine.  I felt connections with the other girls I attempted to commit to, and fell in love with them...but it seems so much stronger this time.  I am dying to share her pictures and the video sent to me from Hopscotch Adoptions, my new agency, but I am not allowed!!  I can tell you that she will be 2 years old in September, just 9 days after my sister's 44th!!  She has Down syndrome.  They say she is very sensitive and likes attention. Well, Violet, there are not other children in this house so you will be the center of attention!!  I am working on getting my dossier together and getting my home study updated...it will take at least a couple of months.  I am so excited to be able to call her my daughter...I always loved the word daughter...from the time I was a little girl it always sounded so pretty to me!!  I am keeping Gerri's pic on this blog hoping people will pray for her...I really feel sad that I was unable to complete the adoption with her, but hopefully she will find a terrific family in another country.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to help you fundraise for your adoption!

    I have been following many families' adoption blogs ever since I spent a semester volunteering in an orphanage for special needs children in Chile.

    I just launched my etsy store! 50% of the sale prices go to families adopting through RR! All someone has to do is enter your families name/blog/sponsorship page or child information on the message at check out and I will be donating the money to each family each month! I can either do it to RR accounts or am willing to send the checks to the families since I know that money isn't available until travel. I have been open just 5 days and one family has already earned 30 dollars for their adoption! I know EVERY dollar counts!!!
    Spread the message to anyone in the adoption community that could use a little help with funds!!
    My blog is:
    gingeronamission1206.blogspot.com/
    My store is at:
    www.etsy.com/shop/GINGERONAMISSION
    Facebook Page:
    https://www.facebook.com/Gingeronamission1206
    Any people who purchase from me that don't specify will just be donated to a family I feel called to give to!

    I also posted a guest post for the family adopting Channah- check it out!
    http://mondaymorningchristians.blogspot.com/2013/08/guest-blogger-channahs-guardian-angel.html
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola