Sunday, October 28, 2012

A Note to "Gerri's" Birth Mother

Dear Birth Mother,

I want you to know how much I appreciate the sacrifice you made in giving up your little girl. You knew you could not give her the life you wanted her to have, and it was a difficult and selfless decision you made in placing her up for adoption.  I know you did this in the hope that someone would come along who could not only give her the medical care and therapies she may need for the rest of her life, but also love her as their own.  I promise you that the baby you gave birth to will be loved, cherished, and treated as though she grew in my own body.  I will provide her with any care she needs, and more love than she could ever desire.  You see, because of your selfless gift, I get to be her Mama.  If not for your selfless gift, I would never have been able to become a Mama at all.  You will always be in my thoughts and prayers, and I truly hope your life is happy and fulfilling.  I promise, that because of the gift you bestowed onto me, my life will be fulfilled, and so will the life of the girl to whom you chose to give life, and a better life.  May God's blessings forever be showered upon you and those you love.  Many would criticize your decision.  I will always know that what you did was done from a love only a mother could understand.  From the bottom of my heart, I want to thank you...for my baby girl.

Ali

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully written.

    Nikki
    www.madebynikki.blogspot.com - blog design for a good cause! Get your blog designed, gain new readers, and support charities around the world! Take part in our awesome November deal and SAVE!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola